Applicants can send resumes to FEWDEjobs@gmail.com
The Forum of Executive Women (FEW) of Delaware seeks a part-time administrator to manage the membership organization’s operations. The Administrator works most closely with the President of the Board of Directors and the Chair of the Program Committee. The Administrator manages meeting arrangements for approximately 1-3 meetings per month, including member events and board meetings. Candidates should have demonstrated or related experience in the following areas: negotiating and managing details related to special events, including venue contract negotiation; database management; administrative or program management; and customer service.
This position is classified as an independent contractor position (1099) that requires approximately 20 hours per month, and some evening commitments (approximately 1-2 per month). The successful candidate will be detail oriented and skilled multi-tasker with a positive and friendly personality.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to FEWDEjobs@gmail.com by Friday, August 10, 2018. Ideally, the successful candidate will be prepared to start in the position by early September.
The Forum of Executive Women Delaware provides diverse and experienced women in our community the opportunity to build professional and personal relationships and to increase their leadership skills through relevant programming and supportive and social settings.
FEW Administrator Job Expectations
* Once speakers are confirmed, creates, posts, and circulates the Save the Date listing for each season.
* Once speaker is confirmed and contact information provided, secures the speaker bio, photograph, talk description, and AV needs.
* Secures the location, establishes menu and negotiates price in-line with the organization’s guidelines.
* Secures speaker menu choice.
* Makes arrangements for AV needs
* Posts program descriptions to website, manages program announcements and RSVPs.
* Provides final attendance count to venue and list of attendees to President and Program Chair in advance of meeting.
* Provides financial accounting for each program at regular board meetings.
* Serves as “Greeter” at all events – approximately 14 events per year, mostly lunch and dinner events held mid-week.
* Receive and forward applications and sponsorship forms to membership chair
* Upon hearing from the chair that someone has been accepted, follow-up with a welcome email with instructions on payment, how to use the website, and how the event credit works.
* Pass along any membership inquiries received to the membership chair.
* Maintain a list of past guests & invited member and supply on occasion to the membership chair. Upon direction from President or Membership Chair, send emails to guest/members informing them of membership applications or upcoming events.
* Make any requested membership-related website updates.
* Alerting president when a new member is official so the welcome note can be sent.
* Administer the membership database memberfindme
* Work with website committee members for updating content, photos or important announcements on the wordpress site
* Manage the annual billing of membership dues in September through memberfindme site. Send additional invoices as needed for late payment & pro-rata rates for new members.
* Reconcile the payments collected for events to the bank statement on a monthly basis.
* If a member registers to pay by check and fails to attend the program, an invoice for payment will be communicated within 3 days of the missed meeting. Alert the President/Membership Chair if this is an ongoing problem.
* Prepare checks for deposit and give to Treasurer; deposit when needed
* Collect mail from the PO Box every two weeks.
* Coordinate payment of vendor invoices with the Treasurer.
* Match vendor invoices with check payment, either in paper file or scanned for verification.
* Produce reports from memberfindme for the treasurer each event and monthly.
* Attend the four board meetings a year to provide updates (evenings).
* Act as Recording Secretary, taking minutes at board meetings, reviewing them with the Secretary, and circulating to board after meeting.
* Help officers assemble board documents and support materials
* Provide event attendees and payments needed to President and Program chair as soon as possible for each event.
* Communicate to the communications chair any member issues, updates or announcements.
* Communicate to membership and collect ballots for the annual board nominations.
* Other related duties as assigned.